- 1 Step — Add testimonials widget to the page
- 2 Step — Set the Items
- 3 Step — Decide whether you need dynamic data or not
- 4 Step — Deal with the Settings
- 5 Step — Do the styling
The Testimonials widget of the JetElements plugin is a great tool for showing custom feedbacks about your products or services and increasing the trustworthiness of your company. This overview will show you how to add testimonials to the page and then customize its design according to your needs.
1 Step — Add testimonials widget to the page
Open your website’s WP dashboard and go to JetPlugins > JetElements Settings. Open the Available Widgets tab and enable Testimonials toggle.
Find the page where you would like to place the feedback block. Open it in the Elementor page builder. Find the Testimonials widget in the widgets menu and drag it to a certain section.
2 Step — Set the Items
The Content menu tab contains three submenus. Let’s start from the first one, named Items. It allows you to define what content will be shown on the slides of testimonials slideshow.
Click on the item to open its settings.
- Image. Here you can choose the image that will be displayed in the testimonial. It is possible to either choose it from the medial library or upload it from the computer. You can also use Dynamic Tag and choose to add the picture automatically from the meta field if you have JetEngine or Elementor Pro plugin installed;
- Icon. Whether you want to add an icon instead of the picture or use it with the picture at the same time, you can choose it from the icon library or upload a custom SVG file;
- Title. Just as a picture and icon, this is a separate block of the testimonial. If you want to give a separate title to each of the testimonials, you can do it by typing it into this text area;
- Comment. This text area contains the comment about your product;
- Name and Position. These fields are for the name and position of the person that gives a comment about your product;
- Date. Here you insert the date the comment was written;
- Link. If the person who left a product feedback has a personal page or social media account and allows you to use it, you can put the link to it here. It will add the link to the Name testimonial block. To define additional settings, click the “Link Options” button;
- Rating. This drop-down menu allows you to show the 5-star rating and define the number of filled stars there.
You can add as many new items as you need by clicking the “Add Item” button.
3 Step — Decide whether you need dynamic data or not
The Enable dynamic data toggle in the Dynamic Settings menu section allows you to use dynamic data in the testimonials block. After you turn it on, you will be able to choose repeater meta fields for each part of the testimonial. In this case, the testimonials will be filled automatically.
4 Step — Deal with the Settings
The last of the submenus is the Settings section that contains a list of general slideshow options.
- Equal Items Height. Unifies the height of the slides when turned on;
- Slides to Show. Defines how many slides are shown at the same time;
- Pause on Hover. Stops the slideshow movement when the user hovers the pointer over a testimonial;
- Autoplay. Makes the slideshow to move automatically without the user clicking somewhere. If you enable that toggle, you will also be able to set the Autoplay Speed;
- Infinite Loop. Starts the slideshow from the beginning when it finishes;
- Adaptive height. With this toggle turned on, the slide’s height will adapt to the amount of content in it;
- Effect. Defines the animation effect type of slides moving;
- Animation Speed. The bigger this number is, the faster the animation effects are played;
- Show Arrows / Dots Navigation. By turning these toggles on or off, you can define the type of navigation to be shown on the slideshow;
- Stars Style / Active Stars Style. Here you can choose the style of the rating stars.
5 Step — Do the styling
The Style tab provides the various options for customizing the appearance of the Testimonials widget according to your requirements.
When everything is finely tuned, click the “Update” button to save the changes.
That’s all. Now you know how to use the Testimonials widget to enrich the site content with attractive and valuable feedback from your customers.