effective date 25 May 2018
Owner and Data Controller
915 SE 2 Court,
TAX ID: 42-1774657Owner contact email: [email protected]
- Crocoblock and its Affiliates (collectively, “Crocoblock”, “we” or “us”) know that you care about how the personal data we receive about you is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. This policy sets out how we handle your personal information if you’re a Crocoblock user or visitor to our Sites. It shall refer collectively to www.Crocoblock.com as well as the other websites that the Crocoblock Group (the “Sites”) operates and that link to this Policy.
- By using the Crocoblock.com website and/or making online purchases of products, you agree to the terms and conditions of Crocoblock’s Policy.
- This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of third parties that Crocoblock does not own or control, or to individuals that Crocoblock does not employ or manage.
In this Policy we will explain:
- The type of information does Crocoblock collect
- How we collect personal information
- Personal information we collect about you from others
- How does Crocoblock use personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
- How long we keep your personal information
- How we keep your personal information secure
- How you can access your personal information
- Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
- Children’s privacy
- How you can contact us
The type of information collected by CrocoblockWe collect certain information about visitors and users of our Sites.
- Information from buyersThe most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email address, telephone number, other contact details, information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (these are information about your browser, your IP address, your general location as determined by your IP address and provided by your browser) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, support queries and web analytics data, information that you provide when you fill in forms on our Websites. We use this information to respond to your requests or correspondence, and provide customer service, for statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer the website or improve our products and services, to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages, to prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Information from partnersWe collect your name, company name, website, phone number(s), address, business type, email address, and information from merchant processors like PayPal email address or ID etc. We use this information to work with you, confirm your identity, contact you, pay you and to screen for risk, fraud, or other similar types of issues, to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Information from website visitorsWe collect information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about the cookies installed on your device, support queries, and web analytics data. We also collect personal information submitted by you via any messaging feature available from any of our websites.From chat support users, we collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser you use, chat transcript, and other personal information you provide us during our chat. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, we may request additional documentation from you during our chat to verify your identity.
How we collect personal information
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
- We collect personal information automatically as you navigate through the Sites or through the 3rd party when you use services associated with the Sites.
- You may be asked to provide your personal information while working with our partners, or service providers, like server access details etc.
Personal information we collect about you from othersAlthough we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
- financial and/or transaction details from payment providers ( in order to process a transaction)
- third party service providers (like Google, Facebook), which may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service. The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service provider;
- and other third party sources/ and or partners, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification service.
How does Crocoblock use personal informationWe will use your personal information:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an subscription.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Sites;
- providing you with services described on the Sites;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
- providing support services;
- updating you with company news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- training Crocoblock staff about how to best serve our user community;
- improving our products and services.
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities;
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you;
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal informationWe take care to allow your Personal Information to be accessed only by those who really need to in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following cases:
- the relevant customer has consented to the disclosure;
- the information is disclosed to contractors or other parties to the extent necessary in order to achieve the intended purposes explicitly indicated to the relevant customer (for support purposes and license validation);
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information. Note that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations;
- we reserve the right to disclose any personal information as required by law and when we believe, at our sole discretion that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect someone from injury and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Company.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal informationCrocoblock has its headquarters in the United States and is supported by various affiliated group companies (the “support companies”) throughout the world. The support companies only provide an internal supporting role to and for the benefit of Crocoblock. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secureWe take appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure your information and to protect it against unauthorised or unlawful use and accidental loss or destruction, including:
- only sharing and providing access to your information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymised basis wherever possible;
- using secure servers to store your information;
- verifying the identity of any individual who requests access to information prior to granting them access to information;
- and using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software or other similar encryption technologies to protect the transfer of data and information.
How you can access and manage your personal informationYou can access your personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us for any of our Sites at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact us. You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below. These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent. Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional. If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country:
- of your habitual residence;
- of your place of work;
- in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself or contact us via [email protected].
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.