When you go through all four steps of JetAppointment plugin setting up wizard you get access to the Appointment submenu. From this guide, you will learn what you can do with all those features, and when they’ll come in handy.
Now, let’s proceed to Appointments > Settings.
- Services post type. You’ve set that in a wizard already but if you would like to change the custom post type which the JetAppointments plugin will work with – it can b easily done here.
- Provider post type. The same is here. If you want to change the providers’ custom type – choose another one from the drop-down menu.
- WooCommerce integration. If this toggle is enabled, you can offer the user to pay for the service right after he finishes the appointment form. If you need details, this topic is uncovered in our WooCommerce integration tutorial.
- Manage Capacity. This option allows you to set the maximum number of spots or tickets available for booking. If you turn the Show Capacity Counter toggle, users will be able to see the number of available booking items for each date or time in your Booking Calendar.
- Slot time format. Here you can select one of three available formats to customize the appearance of the time slots on the front end.
- Default Duration. From this drop-down menu, you can choose the default duration of the services;
- Buffer Time Before Slot / Buffer Time After Slot. Buffer time is a short break that you can add before or after the slot. In this time when the service provider can rest before the next client comes.
- Work Hours. Here you can set the work hours of your company for every day of the week. If there are days when your company doesn’t work, just don’t set any work hours there;
- Days Off / Working Days. If your company doesn’t work on some holidays, such as Chrismas or Labour Day, you can set those days off in the special block. The same thing is when your company works only on some days of the month – you can set them on a special block.
Work hours hierarchy
There are three types of work hours you can set: general work hours, work hours of services, and work hours of providers. They overlap each other in the following order:
Work hours of providers – Work hours of services – General work hours
This means that the individual schedule of the provider will have a higher priority than the work hours of service and general work hours. So, if you set the schedule for service it will be shown to the user instead of the general work hours. And if you define the provider’s schedule – it will be shown over the service’s one.
An individual schedule can be enabled by turning on the Use Custom Schedule toggle in the Custom Schedule meta field of a service or provider custom post.
The Labels tab contains the Use custom labels toggle. Turn it on to customize the labels of weekdays and months.
Once enabled, you’ll see the list of default labels.
You can leave them “as is” or type the preferred ones to the right of the actual weekdays.
In the Advanced tab, there are two options.
- Availability check by. Let’s imagine that one master provides more than 1 service. So when a visitor selects the time slot for one type of service, the next visitor won’t be able to schedule the same time slot for another type of service. To make it work this way, you should select the Through all services option.
- Hide Set Up Wizard. This is an option that allows you to hide the setup option in the plugin menu to avoid any resets of your appointments.
Here you can clear the cache from the database tables. For example, if you have no slots available and want to add one more time slot for this day. However, it won’t be displayed on the front-end. In this case, you need to clear the cache and the slot will appear for the users to see it.
Besides that, you can change the database table here – add new columns or delete the ones you don’t need.
So, that’s it for the settings. You now learned all the details about the features you can find in the JetAppointment Settings dashboard. Have fun!