When you go through all the steps of the JetAppointment plugin setup wizard, you access the Appointment submenu. From this guide, you will learn what you can do with all those features and when they’ll come in handy.
Firstly, let’s proceed to Appointments > Settings.
- Services post type. You’ve set that in a wizard already, but if you would like to change the custom post type, which the JetAppointment plugin will work with, it can be done here;
- Provider post type. If you want to change the providers’ custom type, choose another one from the drop-down menu;
- WooCommerce Integration. If this toggle is enabled, you can offer the user to pay for the service right after finishing the appointment form. This topic is fully uncovered in the WooCommerce integration tutorial;
- Manage Capacity. This option allows you to set the maximum number of spots available for booking;
- Show Capacity Counter. Once enabled, users will see the number of available booking items for each date or time in the booking calendar.
- Time Format. The selector that allows you to define the time format displayed in the appointment;
- Schedule Type. Once one of the options is selected, the appointment schedule behavior will be changed. Set the “Slot” option to fix the appointment durations or select “Time Picker” and “Recurring” types;
- Only start time. If activated, this switcher will let the user pick only the appointment’s start time. The appointment duration will be set automatically;
- Duration. From these drop-down menus, you can choose the default minimal and maximal duration of the services;
- Buffer Time Before/Buffer Time After. Buffer time is a short break that you can add before or after the slot;
- Locked Time Before. A selector for defining the time when the appointment will no longer be available if less than this time is left before the appointment. For example, if you set 15 minutes on this selector, it will not be possible to book a time for 5:00 p.m. at 4:45 p.m.;
- Work Hours. Here you can set the company’s work hours for every day of the week. If there are days when the company doesn’t work, just don’t set any work hours there;
- Days Off/Working Days. If the company doesn’t work on some holidays, you can set those days off in the particular block. The same thing is when the company works only on some days of the month.
Set the Days Label, Start Date, and End Date to hide appointment possibilities for specific days.
By the way, read more about setting prices for appointments per hour and minutes.
Work hours hierarchy
You can set three types of work hours: general work hours, work hours of services, and work hours of providers. They overlap each other in the following order:
Work hours of providers – Work hours of services – General work hours
This means that the individual schedule of the provider will have a higher priority than the work hours of service and general work hours. So, if you set the schedule for service, it will be shown to the user instead of the general work hours. And if you define the provider’s schedule, it will be shown over the service’s one.
An individual schedule can be enabled by turning on the Use Custom Schedule toggle in the Custom Schedule meta field of a service or provider custom post.
The Labels tab contains the Use custom labels toggle. Turn it on to customize the labels of weekdays and months.
Once enabled, you’ll see the list of default labels.
You can leave them “as is” or type the preferred ones to the right of the actual weekdays.
In the Advanced tab, there are two options available.
- Availability check by. Let’s imagine that one specialist provides more than one service. So when a visitor selects the time slot for one type of service, the next visitor won’t be able to schedule the same time slot for another kind of service. To make it work this way, you should select the Through all services option;
- Hide Set Up Wizard. This option allows you to hide the setup option in the plugin menu to avoid any resets of the appointments.
Here you can clear the cache from the database tables. For example, if you have no slots available and want to add one more time slot for this day. However, it won’t be displayed on the front end. In this case, you need to clear the cache, and the slot will appear for the users to see it.
Besides that, you can change the database table here – add new columns or delete the ones you don’t need.
So, that’s it for the settings. You now have learned all the details about the features you can find in the JetAppointment Settings dashboard.