JetEngine plugin allows you to create meta fields and attach them to posts of different types. It allows you to show the content dynamically and save time and effort. However, what to do if you want to display the meta field on a page and not in the post? This is where Options Pages can come in handy.
What is an Options Page?
Options Pages are the pages with meta fields that can be used, literally, everywhere. You can create a page with any type of field and then display the value of that field on pages, headers, footers, popups, etc. The Options Page is placed in your website’s dashboard and you will be able to change the content in the meta field any time you need. When the value of the meta field will be changed – it changes everywhere you used it on the website.
How to Create an Options Page?
1 Step — Add a new Options Page
Go to the JetEngine > Options Pages section in the WordPress Dashboard, where you can see the list of all created options pages. Click the “Add New” button.
2 Step — Deal with the General Settings
First of all, fill in the fields in the General Settings tab.
- Page title. This is the name of the Options Page. The following two fields will be automatically filled according to the name you place in here;
- Page slug is created automatically from the Page title but you can change it if you want to. Just be aware that it has co consist of Latin letters only and don’t have spaces;
- Menu name. Here you can define how this page will be named in the dashboard’s menu;
- Parent page. If you leave this field empty you will create a new parent page that will be shown in the dashboard. Besides that, you will be offered to choose the Menu position. In this field, you can select the menu item, after which the options page will be displayed;
- Access capability option allows restricting access to the page. For more information check this page.
3 Step — Add meta fields
Scroll down and proceed to add custom meta fields in the Fields section. Click the “New Field” button and set a new meta field. We have a detailed Meta Fields Overview, so check it before choosing the meta fields for the Options Page.
4 Step — Fill the Options Page with content
When the Options Page is set, click the “Add Page” button and go back to the WordPress Dashboard. Here you have to find the page you’ve created and open it. Fill it with the content you need and then hit the “Save” button.
Displaying the Meta Field Values
Start with opening a certain page, the footer, or the header, where you want to add information from the custom fields of the Options page, in the Elementor page builder. if you want to edit the Header or Footer you will find it in the Crocoblock > Theme Builder.
You can any of the JetEngine widgets which support dynamic content. For example, you can choose the Dynamic Field widget.
Go to the Content tab, and in the Source drop-down menu choose the “Options”. In the Option field select the name of the Options Page you need.
Hit the “Update” green button and let’s view how it looks at the front-end.
Now you know how to use the JetEngine Options pages function.