The JetReviews plugin gives you an opportunity to create different review types for each of the custom post types you have on your website. Assessment criteria for rooms that you offer for rent and products you sell are different, so review templates also have to differ from each other. Now, let’s take a look at how you can create such a template and then assign it to the appropriate CPT.
1 Step — Add a new Review Type
Open your WP dashboard and go to JetReviews > Review Types. If you haven’t created any Review Types before, you will see only the Default review type row. It can’t be deleted or edited. Click the “Add New” button on the top of the screen.
In the appeared Add New Review Type window, you have to type in the Name for that review type and then start adding Type Fields by clicking the “Add New Field” button.
Those fields represent the assessment criteria of the item you want the users to evaluate. Each of the fields has three options:
- Label – that is the title of the criteria. The field will be automatically named according to it;
- Step – here you define the size of the steps. For example, if you want the users to evaluate something in percent, you can set it to “10” and the Max Value to “100”. In that case, increasing the rating for one step, the user will increase the total score for 10;
- Max Value – the highest valuation the user can choose. It could be any number from 1 to 100 and more if you want so.
You can add as many fields as you need here by clicking the “Add New Field” button. You don’t need to add any kind of text area to the review type – it is included in the template automatically. When you are done, hit the “Add Type” button.
2 Step — Assign the review type to the CPT
Now, when the Review Type is created, go to the JetReviews > Settings. Choose the necessary custom post type from the list on the left side and open the tab. Turn the Use review for post type toggle on.
There you will see the following settings:
- Review type. Choose the review type you just created from the drop-down list to assign it to this custom post type.
- Allowed roles. Here you can choose who will be allowed to leave reviews on the single pages of this custom post type.
- New review approval. This toggle allows you to choose whether you want every new review to be approved by you before publishing or not. If you turn it on, it will demand constant attention from you but prevent spam and unappropriated content from appearing on the site.
- Allow comments. By turning this toggle on, you allow the users to comment on the added reviews.
- New review comments need approval. The same situation as with the new reviews’ approval. If you turn this toggle on, every comment will need your approval to be published.
- Allow review approval actions. This toggle can allow the users to like/dislike the reviews.
That’s it! You now created a new Reviews Type and assigned it to the Custom Post Type. To make reviews visible to users, you’ll have to add a Reviews Listing widget to the Single page of that CPT. To learn more about how to do it, check out our review addition tutorial.