- Choosing the Right Notification Type
While creating a form, one of the inevitable steps is to create an email that will be sent immediately after the user submits a form. This email notifies the user that his form has been accepted successfully. Here you can also set the automatic email which will be sent to you as soon as a new user submits a form.
However, sending an email to the user is not the only available option available in the Post-submit Actions / Notifications Settings block. Let’s take a look at all the possibilities it reveals.
Choosing the Right Notification Type
After you have created an actual form with all the necessary fields, proceed to the Post-submit Actions / Notifications Settings accordion block.
Click the Add Notification button. Now you can see the fields we are going to adjust.
The first field you see is the Type field, where you can specify the type of notification. There are eight options available:
- Send Email – this type of notification allows you to notify a user via email.
- Insert/Update Post – by choosing this type of notification the user gets posts data and can update the info in the post.
- Register New User – after selecting this option you can register new users.
- Call a Hook – this type allows creating a custom hook and attaching PHP function in order for this popup function to be called in a certain moment. pay attention that this option is only for advanced users aka developers.
- Call a Webhook – with the help of this option you are able to set automated tasks from 3rd party services like Zpier or Integromat to a server. If you would like to know more about it – get through our 3rd party services integration guide.
- Redirect to Page – using this type you can redirect the users either to a certain static page on your website or another web page.
- MailChimp – this notification type adds compatibility with the MailChimp service.
- ActiveCampaign – this is responsible for synchronization with ActiveCampaign marketing tool. You can find more details about this type in our ActiveCampaign notification type usage tutorial.
- GetResponse – with this type, you can connect your Form with the GetResponse marketing software.
- Apartment Booking – this type of notification allows you to create a connection between the booking form, checkout form, and order details. To get more information – follow the link and check out our Apartment Booking notification usage guide.
Send Email Notification Type
If you have chosen the Send Email type, you will see certain fields. Move towards the Mail to dropdown, where you have to define the email address where the notifications will be sent to. The message can be sent either to the Admin email or to the Email Pulled out From the Submitted Form Field. Also, you can choose the Custom Email option, which means you can enter any email address you need.
Proceed to the Reply to dropdown and select the address where the user’s reply will be sent to. It can be sent either to Email From Submitted Form Field – the one which was mentioned in the form or to the Custom Email in case you work as an intermediary agent. If you choose the Email From Submitted Form Field option, you have one more dropdown appearing below – Reply To Email From Field, where you have to specify the form field, where the email will be chosen from.
Type in the subject of the email in the Subject field.
Next, you have to specify the name in which the email will be sent from in the From Name field.
The From Email Address field has to be filled with the address which appears in the address field of the email.
Type in the email which will be sent to the user in the Content filed. Paste the needed macros here. Macros automatically pull the information from the respective fields of the form. You can see the clues on the left to decide which macros you should use in your case.
Insert/ Update Post Notification Type
If you choose the Insert/Update Post option in the Type dropdown, it means that the information contained in the form will be included in the custom post type which you choose further down below.
You have to specify the Post Type in the respective field, where the data will be pulled out from.
By moving to the Post Status field you have to specify the status of the post, e.g. Draft, Pending Review, Private, Published.
The last field in the Insert/ Update Post notification type is Fields Map, where you have to set meta fields names to save appropriate form fields into the selected post type.
Learn more about this option here.
Register New User Notification Type
If you choose Register New User notification type, you have to fill in several fields in the Fields Map block such as User Login, Email, Password, Confirm Password, First Name, and Last Name.
Tick the Log In User after Register option if you want that user to be logged in after registration.
Tick the Add User ID to form data option if you want the registered user’s ID to be able to form data.
Call a Hook Notification Type
If you choose the Call a Hook notification type, you have to create your own hook (a piece of code that gives a command to perform a specific action). Insert your hook in functions.php file.
Give your hook a name in the Hook Name field.
Call a Webhook Notification Type
If you have chosen the Call a Webhook notification type, you have to embed the URL of the webhook in the Webhook URL field.
Don’t forget to save all your changes and enjoy the result!
Learn more about Webhook Notification usage.
Redirect to Page Notification Type
Select this type in the Type field if you want the users to be redirected to the page.
The next field, called Redirect to, allows choosing redirection to a specific static page on this website or any custom web page by inserting a custom URL.
Click the Apply Changes button to save the settings.
ActiveCampaign Notification Type
Use the ActiveCampaign notification to create mailing list forms.
In the Post-submit Actions / Notifications Settings choose the ActiveCampaign type.
After you select the type, the settings block appears. Fill all the needed info to set the mailing list.
Learn more about ActiveCampaign Notification.
Apartment Booking Notification Type
This notification type was created to work with the functionalities of JetBooking plugin. It allows you to link the booking form and its fields with the checkout form and order list.
Get more details about Apartment Booking notification type usage.
Our congratulations! You have mastered the Post-submit Actions / Notifications Settings. We are proud of you!