Below you’ll find useful information about the purpose of submission messages, what information can be added there, and how it will be showcased in the frontend.
We’ll implement it with the Forms widget.
In the bottom of the Form backend layout you can find Message Settings block:
Their main task is to inform visitors filling in the Form about whether the form was successfully submitted or to notify about errors occurred. You are free to enter any text you’d like to be displayed as submission messages in the frontend.
Let us dwell on each of these messages in more detail.
- Form successfully submitted – this message informs that all fields were filled in correctly and the form was successfully submitted.
- Submit failed – input a text notifying about form submission didn’t go through.
- Validation error – add text informing that either one or more fields were filled in incorrectly.
- Entered an invalid email – this message will show up when entered email address contained invalid data.
- Required field is empty – apprise your visitors of the importance of filling in certain field.
Now, you are familiar with the Forms submission messages and will be able to use them in your work, so that your site visitors could receive valid information and complete booking successfully!