JetBooking Dashboard Overview
This tutorial overviews the JetBooking dashboard settings and explains how to manage its settings for booking form creation.
Before you start check tutorial requirements:
- Elementor (Free version) or Block editor (Gutenberg)
- JetBooking plugin installed and activated
The path to the JetBooking Dashboard is WordPress Dashboard > Bookings > Bookings.
The JetBooking Dashboard has the following tabs: Bookings, Settings, Set Up (optionally), and Calendars tabs.
Booking Data Collecting
The JetBooking plugin receives the booking data in the following ways:
- if a user books an item from the CPTs preset in the dashboard settings. The tutorial explains How to Create a Booking Form to allow booking order data collection using the JetEngine and JetFormBuilder plugins;
if the site administrator(s) add(s) the booking order(s) manually via the JetBooking dashboard.
The Booking tab shows the following booking order data: ID, Booked Instance, Booked Unit ID, Check In date, Check Out date, Related Order, and Status. This tab shows all bookings made on the website by the users and administrator(s) without their differentiation.
Pressing the “Add New” button allows creating a new booking with the following settings:
- Status drop-down menu selects order status from the Created, Pending, Processing, On hold, Completed, Canceled, Refunded, and Failed options;
- Booking Item drop-down menu selects the necessary CPT item from the CPTs preset in the dashboard settings;
- Check in and Check out date fields turn calendars to select necessary dates among available. The same dates for the current item will be blocked, and the booking order will not be saved;
- guests field for typing the guest’s name.
Editing of the booking
Pressing the “Edit” button opens the pop-up window with fields allowing booking changes. If the booking data are overlapping, the data will not be saved.
Pressing the “Details” button opens the pop-up window with booking details, and pressing the “Edit” button opens the “Edit Booking” pop-up.
Pressing the “Delete” button takes the order off.
Booking date overlapping
The JetBooking plugin averts dates overlapping as follows:
- the Check in and Check out date fields of the Add New Booking pop-up exclude the previously booked dates from the calendar for the item (the blocked dates are gray);
- the Edit Booking pop-up shows the text indicating overlapping items.
This tab has the following settings for booking customization: General, Labels, Advanced, Configuration, Schedule, and Tools.
These settings allow specification of the post type for booking, WooCommerce integration, filtering, and more. This tab includes five settings:
- Booking orders post type drop-down menu allows selecting post type related to the created booking records (i.e., Posts, Pages, Filters, Forms, Theme Parts, User Requests, and more);
- The field Booking orders column name allows typing the post type name, which will record and store the booking orders;
- Booking instance post type drop-down menu allows selecting the post type containing the units to be booked and shown in the Bookings database table (here, Properties);
- WooCommerce integration toggle, if enabled, connect the booking system with WooCommerce checkout;
- Filters storage type drop-down menu allows Selecting the filter storage type for the searched date range (Session and Cookies).
This tab adds custom labels to days of the week, months, etc.
This tab has settings:
- Use custom labels toggle, if enabled, allows renaming the check-in/check-out calendar fields;
- Excluded dates field allows typing a tooltip text for already booked dates instead of the Sold out default text;
- Only check-out allowed field is intended for dates when only check-out is allowed instead of the Only check-out default text. The setting is active for “Per Nights” bookings with “Allow check-out only days” option enabled.
- Before selected dates field allows typing a text before the selected dates range instead of the Chosen default text.
Other settings allow adding custom labels to the booking form, such as the “Nights”/”Days” text fields for typing custom texts instead of the default Nights/Days texts.
These settings manage additional functionality of the plugin.
- Hide DB columns manager toggle, if enabled, hides columns manager option to prevent accidental DB changes. It can be helpful if you don’t want that you or your coworkers change the database or plugin settings accidentally;
- Enable iCal synchronization toggle, if enabled, turns on the Calendar synch interval drop-down menu to select an interval between calendars synchronizing (i.e., Every minute, Every Day, and more) and the Calendar sync start menus to choose a start time for synchronizing, The tutorial How to Transfer Bookings from Google Calendar via iCal Synchronization explains how to synchronize the events from the calendar with the items on the website;
- Hide Set Up Wizard toggle, toggle, if enabled, hides the Set Up page to avoid unnecessary plugin reset.
These settings manage the minimum and maximum number of days for booking and the reserve of booking days from the current day. All these settings refer to both apartments and seasonal prices.
- Booking period drop-down menu proposes two ways to specify the booking periods – per night (without the previous booked date) or per day (including the last booked date);
- Allow check-out only days toggle, if enabled, makes the first day of the already booked period available for check-out only;
- Weekly bookings toggle, if enabled, allows only full-week bookings and turns on the Week days offset field, allowing changing the first booked day of the week;
- Starting day offset field defines offset for the earliest date;
- Min/Max days fields define the minimum and maximum days of the selected range.
These settings are empty by default, and their default value will be returned as provided in the library.
The Schedule tab has two settings:
- Disabled Days toggle allows enabling the weekdays that will be unavailable for booking (e.g., Saturday and Sunday);
- Days Off tab allows adding days (e.g., national holidays) that will be weekends and out of reach for customers.
This tab lists all DB table columns. The tab is not visible if the Hide DB columns manager toggle of the Advanced settings is enabled.
Users can add custom columns by pressing the “New DB Column” to the booking table and typing their name in the Column name field.
Such columns are booking-specific and indicate additional services, details, etc. Once added, users need to connect these new columns to the corresponding form fields in the related booking forms.
Set Up Tab
The Set Up tab allows resetting the JetBooking plugin by pressing the “Reset” button. This tab is visible if the Hide Set Up Wizard toggle of the Advanced tab is disabled.
The tab allows editing the calendar associated with every post (the “Edit Calendar” button) and applying an iCalendar Template.
That’s all about the JetBooking Dashboard settings.