JetBooking Dashboard Overview
This tutorial overviews the JetBooking dashboard settings and explains how to manage its settings for booking form creation.
Before you start check tutorial requirements:
Elementor (Free version) or Block editor (Gutenberg)
JetBooking plugin installed and activated
The path to the JetBooking Dashboard is WP Dashboard > Booking > Bookings.
The Dashboard has the following tabs: Bookings and Settings.
This tab shows all bookings made on the website.
The “Add New” button adds a new booking and has the following fields to fill in:
- selecting the booking status from the Status drop-down menu;
- selecting an item from the Booking Item drop-down menu;
- selecting Check In and Check Out dates;
- typing the Guest’s name.
This tab has the following settings for booking customization: General, Labels, Advanced, Configuration, Schedule, and Tools.
This tab includes five settings:
- Booking orders post type drop-down menu allows selecting post type related to the created booking records (i.e., Posts, Pages, Filters, Forms, Theme Parts, User Requests, and more);
- The field Booking orders column name allows typing the post type name, which will record and store the booking orders;
- Booking instance post type drop-down menu allows selecting the post type containing the units to be booked and shown in the Bookings database table;
- WooCommerce integration toggle, if enabled, connect the booking system with WooCommerce checkout;
- Filters storage type drop-down menu allows Selecting the filter storage type for the searched date range (Session and Cookies).
This tab has settings:
- Use custom labels toggle, if enabled, allows renaming the check-in/check-out calendar fields;
- Excluded dates field allows typing a tooltip text for already booked dates instead of the Sold out default text;
- Only check-out allowed field is intended for dates when only check-out is allowed instead of the Only check-out default text. The setting is active for “Per Nights” bookings with “Allow check-out only days” option enabled.
- Before selected dates field allows typing a text before the selected dates range instead of the Chosen default text.
Other settings allow adding custom labels to the booking form, such as the “Nights”/”Days” text fields for typing custom texts instead of the default Nights/Days texts.
This tab includes the settings:
- Hide DB columns manager toggle, if enabled, hides columns manager option to prevent accidental DB changes. It can be helpful if you don’t want that you or your coworkers change the database or plugin settings accidentally;
- Enable iCal synchronization toggle, if enabled, turns on the Calendar synch interval drop-down menu to select an interval between calendars synchronizing (i.e., Every minute, Every Day, and more) and the Calendar sync start menus to choose a start time for synchronizing, The tutorial How to Transfer Bookings from Google Calendar via iCal Synchronization explains how to synchronize the events from the calendar with the items on the website;
- Hide Set Up Wizard toggle, toggle, if enabled, hides the Set Up page to avoid unnecessary plugin reset.
These settings manage the minimum and maximum number of days for booking and the reserve of booking days from the current day. All these settings refer to both apartments and seasonal prices.
- Booking period drop-down menu proposes two ways to specify the booking periods – per night (without the last booked date) or per day (including the last booked date);
- Allow check-out only days toggle, if enabled, makes the first day of the already booked period available for check-out only;
- Weekly bookings toggle, if enabled, allows only full-week bookings and turns on the Week days offset field, allowing changing the first booked day of the week;
- Starting day offset field defines offset for the earliest date;
- Min/Max days fields define the minimum and maximum days of the selected range.
By default, these settings are empty, and their default value will be returned as provided in the library.
The Schedule tab has two settings:
- Disabled Days toggle allows enabling the weekdays that will be unavailable for booking (e.g., Saturday and Sunday);
- Days Off tab allows adding days (e.g., national holidays) that will be weekends and out of reach for customers.
This tab lists all DB table columns.
Users can add custom columns by pressing the “New DB Column” to the booking table and typing their name in the Column name field.
Such columns are booking-specific and indicate additional services, details, etc. Once added, users need to connect these new columns to the corresponding form fields in the related booking forms.
That’s all about the JetBooking Dashboard settings.