Do you have a physical business and want customers to not pass by? Do you want them quickly find you and buy the products or services?
Today, more and more businesses go online, but some people do not trust the Internet and want to come and see the product. Besides, it is almost impossible for many entrepreneurs to work remotely in cafes, restaurants, beauty salons, and fitness centers. So it is essential to attract customers and help them quickly find their establishments.
You need to use map plugins if you have created a WordPress website for such a business. A properly placed map can become an additional source of customer acquisition.
Let’s figure it out and find the best map WordPress plugins.
What to Look for When Choosing WordPress Map Plugins?
When choosing any plugin for WordPress, you need to pay attention to its functional features, configuration speed, and capabilities. So which features of map plugins are attention-worthy? Check out below:
- easy customization of labels, colors, zones, and locations;
- ready-made maps of the area;
- the ability to build a route;
- adaptive map design;
- tools for creating unique maps;
- the ability to add interactivity and unique design;
- tools for placing the map anywhere on the website;
- features for adding an address, phone number, and website, which will open when you click on a pin on the map;
- tools for using the map in different languages.
When choosing a plugin, consider what features the website needs. It will help you quickly find the right one among hundreds of map plugins for WordPress.
9 Best WordPress Map Plugins
WP Go Maps
⚡️ Best for creating customized Google maps.
WP Go Maps is one of the most popular freemium plugins for map creation. You can customize the map, apply all the necessary symbols, and embed it anywhere on the site using shortcodes. It is convenient to mark the location of the store or restaurant, show the delivery area and build a route with the plugin.
The free features are enough to create a handy map. In addition, the default Elementor integration makes it easy to work with the plugin.
- several types of maps to choose from;
- adding an unlimited number of pins to the map;
- the ability to edit the address of the marker with a simple click;
- the function of adding routes to the map;
- easy creation of maps of different sizes, from a small block to a full-screen map;
- the PRO version can create multiple maps and create routes by users.
Pricing: there is a free version and a PRO version that starts at $39.99.
- simple map creation;
- adding any number of pins to the map;
- the ability to build routes and zones;
- the ability to create ways by users in the PRO version.
WP Google Map
⚡️ Best for creating a simple website map.
With the help of the WP Google Map plugin, you can easily create a simple map with pins and place all the necessary information that will open when you click on the tag.
You can place the created map anywhere on the site using a shortcode.
- simple setup;
- the ability to add a description with details;
- easy resizing of the map;
- resizing of the map on click.
Pricing: there is a free version and a PRO version that starts at $19.
- simple setup;
- the ability to place the map anywhere on the site, including in widgets.
Advanced Map Widget by JetElements
⚡️ Best for creating maps with unique designs.
The Advanced Map Widget is part of the JetElements plugin and one of its most requested widgets. You can create a map in one of six styles and choose from ten presets. In addition, if you want something special, you can easily add your styles, fonts, and colors.
The widget allows you to change the size of the map and zoom it in/out, enabling adaptation for different devices. Advanced Map Widget is not the only widget offered by JetElements, so you can add many other exciting elements to the website.
- flexible options for setting up and managing maps;
- street view on Google Maps;
- map type management;
- the ability to customize the map’s design;
Pricing: JetElements plugin costs $43 for one website per year.
- creating a unique map design;
- simple management of the map size and settings;
- adaptability to different types of devices;
- placement of the map on the site using drag and drop.
⚡️ Best for creating a dynamic map.
JetEngine is a plugin with many features for the WordPress site. One of them is Map Listing. With this module enabled, you can put many pins on the map and add all the necessary information to them. In addition, the plugin allows you to change the map style as needed and add filters using the optional JetSmartFilters plugin.
You can make the pins appear as a standard dot/icon and fit a map into a pop-up window. Besides that, you can enable adaptability to different devices.
- the ability to add a large number of pins to the map;
- tools for creating custom designs;
- the ability to add metadata and a search filter;
- adding a map using drag and drop.
Pricing: JetEngine plugin costs $43 per year for one website.
- easy setup;
- tools for creating custom designs;
⚡️ Best for creating multiple maps at the same time.
The WP Maps plugin makes it easy to create attractive, responsive maps. It is possible to mark several locations at once and add custom taxonomies, too. Maps are added using a shortcode anywhere on the site. For your convenience, there are four categories of maps from which you can choose the appropriate one.
In the PRO version, the display of the user’s position is available for more straightforward navigation.
- the ability to create several maps simultaneously;
- a large selection of markers to display the location;
- the ability to create categories of pins;
- showing multiple locations on a map;
- creating delivery zones using geometric shapes.
Pricing: there is a free version and a PRO version that costs $89 per year.
- creating multiple maps;
- multiple map designs;
- the ability to add custom taxonomies to the map;
- creating zones using geometric shapes.
Maps Widget for Google Maps
⚡️ Best for creating maps with advanced settings.
The main task of this plugin is to create a map that will load quickly and display correctly on any website. Therefore, the widget is made as light as possible but functional. It allows you to create a map with multiple pins, customize the map’s design for your needs and place it anywhere on the site.
- easy creation of a map with several marks;
- support for multiple languages;
- flexible design settings;
- place the map anywhere on the website using the widget.
Pricing: some of the features are free, and some are only in the PRO version, which costs $49 for one site.
- easy setup;
- map design options;
- the ability to add multiple locations simultaneously.
Easy Google Maps
⚡️ Best for creating different types of pins on the map.
Easy Google Maps helps you quickly create a Google map and add pins with different types of information: videos, images, links, text, etc. You can place the map in a separate website section or pop-up window. In addition, the plugin allows you to add zones, routes, etc.
- adding different types of information to the pin;
- placement of the map in a pop-up window or elsewhere;
- the ability to add routes and zones;
- custom map styles.
Pricing: there is a free and a PRO version, which costs $46/year per site.
- supporting different languages;
- the ability to add media files and links to the mark;
- custom map styles available;
- setting up routes and zones.
Interactive Geo Maps
⚡️ Best for creating interactive maps.
The plugin allows you to create several maps simultaneously and show one or more countries. It is incredibly convenient for those who want to show to which countries they deliver. You can choose which regions to display on the map and customize them to suit your needs.
- creating a large number of maps at the same time;
- the ability to develop a unique style and design for the map;
- reflection on the map of different countries of the world;
- zoom in on different parts of the map.
Pricing: there is a free version and a paid version that costs $39.99 annually.
- the ability to connect points on the map;
- creation of different zones in different countries;
- custom icons as markers.
⚡️ Best for creating maps with Gutenberg blocks.
MapPress is one of the most accessible and popular plugins for creating maps.
It allows you to create a Google or Leaflet map. With the free version, you can easily create a map and put all the necessary information on it. The paid version can search, filter, cluster, etc.
- creating a map using Gutenberg building blocks;
- the ability to create multiple pins;
- custom icons as pins;
- searching and filtering information.
Pricing: there is a free and a PRO version, which costs $39 per year.
- easy map creation;
- custom symbols for locations;
- ability to add necessary information to the map.
These plugins help you create, edit, and add a map to the website.
To choose the right plugin, you need to understand what functions it should perform. For example, decide which kind of map should be on your website. Also, pay attention to user reviews.
It depends on which plugin you added the map with. Some plugins have this feature.
WordPress map plugins are truly indispensable if you have an offline business and want users to be able to find you. Today, there are dozens of them, but I’ve focused on the nine most convenient ones. Let’s briefly recall some of them:
- WP Go Maps is the best for creating customized Google Maps;
- WP Google Map is great for creating a simple site map;
- Advanced Map Widget by JetElements is suitable for creating a map with a unique design;
- JetEngine helps create a dynamic map;
- WP Maps is the best for creating multiple maps at the same time;
- Maps Widget for Google Maps is excellent for creating maps with advanced settings;
- Interactive Geo Maps is designed to create interactive maps;
- MapPress is perfect for creating maps with Gutenberg blocks.