The last chance to draw your visitor’s attention and keep him out of the fatal step is to use the exit-intent popup on your website. An exit-intent popup is aimed at the specific actions of your customer. You can monitor the movement of the cursor and signals, indicating the intention to leave through JetPopup plugin for Elementor, which allows you to open a template when the visitor tries to exit or has been inactive for some time. So, in general, exit-intent popups can perform different functions according to their content:
- stimulate sales “here and now”;
- increase subscribers database when you provide a popup with a subscription form;
- generate leads (potential customers), reduce the number of abandoned carts;
- any other things you want the popup to do (persuade the visitors, ask them questions, etc.).
What should a high conversion popup window look like?Each popup should include several essential elements, ensuring it has the best influence on your website’s visitor as soon as he tries to leave. The following elements are necessary to involve and convert a client. Let’s look at each of them precisely.
OfferAn offer is the most important element of a popup. Here are some of the examples which work well in exit popups.
- time-limited discounts and bonuses;
- promo codes and coupons;
- gifts and free downloads (the word “free” always works really well);
- information that the visitor will not find anywhere else.
TitleYou need a catchy title in order to:
- Raise your visitor’s interest.
- Announce your offer. The header usually contains the main benefit that the visitor will receive.
- Entice the visitor, so that he studies the entire content of the popup window.
- in the middle of the screen;
- either on the left or on the right;
- either at the top or at the bottom.
- The Link option allows you to attach any link to this particular button;
- In case you want this button to close the popup, select the Close Popup option;
- It’s possible to leave the page after clicking this button by selecting the Leave Page action type;
- And finally, the Close Constantly option allows you to prevent the popup from opening once again (it can be compared to the Show Once option in the popup settings, where you can even determine the Show Again Delay – the time in which a popup will open over again).
- You can set a popup template to the Entire Site, thus it will emerge on any page of the website. It’s undoubtedly the best choice for the exit-intent popup;
- In case you want to apply a template to the specific page or post, select Singular option;
- As well as single pages, the popup templates can be attached to the Archive pages;
- If you want a popup to be seen to the specific group of people, use the Available for Roles option. It allows you to show a popup only to the administrators, the authors, the contributors, the subscribers, your customers or the shop managers.